You have successfully registered for the Virtual E-Cigarette Summit UK, which will take place on 7-8 December 2021
An email confirmation with a summary of your registration and access details for the Summit has been sent to the email address you submitted with this form. If you have not received an email, please contact us. It might also be worth checking your spam/junk folder.
The speaker presentations are already available in the virtual platform and you are welcome to preview these and submit any questions in advance. The Summit will run on GMT London Time – but please note when accessing the Whova platform, it will automatically adjust timings to your personal time-zone. You are also able to edit your profile and add a photo and biography if you would like.
Accessing the Summit
The Virtual E-Cigarette Summit UK is taking place on a secure event platform called Whova. You can access the Summit via an app on a tablet or mobile, or via a desktop browser.
- To access via a desktop: We recommend using a modern browser such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Older browsers such as Internet Explorer are often problematic and not advised. You might also want to check your firewall settings if you intend to access the Summit on a work computer.
Please use the URL https://whova.com/portal/webapp/virtu2_202112/ Click “sign up” and enter your email address (the email address we’re sending this confirmation to). The system will ask you to create a password and will allow you to edit your profile – which is visible to all attendees, so do add your photo and biography so other attendees can reach out to you.
- To access via tablet or mobile: Please visit the App or Android store and search for Whova – download the app, click sign up and enter your email address (the one we’re sending this confirmation to) and create a password. Edit your profile, which is visible to all attendees – add your photo and biography so other attendees can reach out to you.
All video recordings will remain available on-demand for 6 months after the event. Please note your registration is unique to you and cannot be shared.
If you have problems logging in, or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call Amanda +44 (0) 7949 088306. We are happy to help out of hours, but please be considerate of the time zone (we are based in the UK)
Getting the most out of the Summit
In the Whova platform, you will find everything you need for the Summit within these menu items:
- Agenda – This houses all the pre-recorded and live videos. Simply click on the day and then the session you want to view – if it’s live, you’ll immediately be taken to the live stream, if you’re accessing ahead of the live event, you’ll see the pre-recorded videos available if you scroll down, and click “view details” against the specific presentation.
- Session Q&A – You can ask a question within a live or pre-recorded session, by using the Ask a Question button. You can also upvote other questions. All questions will be collated for the panels. You can also see all questions against each session by using the Session Q&A menu item on the left.
- Attendees – Here you will see all registered attendees for the event. You can send messages, which will appear in the Messages menu item – messages sent to you will also appear here.
- Community – You can create new topics here, or post answers and information against existing topics – we welcome the posting of relevant, targeted topics – such as research papers, new research, public health initiatives in the community and so forth. This is essentially your networking area – you can message attendees and invite them to group chats or set-up a scheduled video call by inserting your zoom link. Please use this function with respect to other attendee’s time and bandwidth, and only set up calls or meetings during networking breaks.
Whilst the event is not in person, we ask that all attendees show the same respect and courtesy that they would at an in-person event.
- Please be respectful of each other, and of speakers, both when asking questions and when networking. Please use courteous language at all times –the Summit is committed to providing a welcoming environment for informed debate. Differences of opinion can be communicated, but no personal attacks will be tolerated.
- You may use the networking functionality – in the “Community” tab as outlined above – but please do so with consideration to the live timing of the content, and speaker’s and other attendees’ time – you can send other attendees a message but if your message is not responded to, please do not make repeated requests.
- We politely request that tobacco industry attendees respect the position of individual academics and public health professionals who may not wish to directly engage with industry.
We hope that you enjoy the Virtual E-Cigarette Summit UK 2021, and as always, we welcome your feedback both with respect to the content and to the online platform we are using for this Summit. Please email email@example.com or you can use the “contact the organiser” messaging function within Messages, on the Whova platform.
We look forward to you joining us at the Virtual E-Cigarette Summit UK and to seeing you in person again soon.
If you paid by Credit Card a receipt will have been emailed to the address you submitted with the form. An additional tax/vat invoice will be sent within 1 week of registering.
If you requested to pay by invoice, this will be sent within 24 hours of registering. If you need to provide any additional payment details (Billing address, PO) the please contact us as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Summit. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)7949 088306.