Accessing The Virtual E-Cigarette Summit 2020
The Virtual E-Cigarette Summit will take place on a secure, dedicated virtual platform called Whova. Below are instructions on how to confirm your account and join the event.
These instructions are for registered attendees only. If you have not already registered for the Summit, please do so here.
Whova will only allow access to confirmed attendees. To avoid problems accessing out-of-hours when we are less able to support you, we strongly urge all registered attendees to follow the instructions below, during GMT office hours on Tuesday 1st or Wednesday 2nd December, so that you are confident you are able to then access the Summit at your convenience.
If you are having urgent problems you can phone +44 (0) 7949 088306 or + 44 (0) 7796 99 2602 and we will do our best to respond. Please be considerate that this is in UK time zone.
Step 1: Download/access Whova
You can watch the Summit on either your desktop or on your mobile/tablet but you must first set up a Whova account.
- To Watch on Desktop: Please follow this link https://whova.com/portal/webapp/remot_202012/ Please use the Chrome browser. Internet Explorer is NOT recommended.
- To Watch on Mobile/Tablet: You’ll need to download the mobile/tablet app from your app store or marketplace , search for Whova.
Step 2: Set up your Whova account
Once you have accessed the webpage or app click “sign up” (see arrow below), enter the email address you registered with and create a password. You will now have access to The Virtual E-Cigarette Summit 2020. You will have the opportunity to add a photo and edit your profile.
- Trouble logging in: If you’ve received joining instructions from us, you are registered for the event. When accessing Whova ensure you’re using the same email address you registered for the event with.
- Already have Whova App installed: When you have Whova installed already, it doesn’t always recognise that you’ve been added to the attendee list for this particular event. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will usually rectify this, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for an access code which will allow you to enter.
- Technical/sound problems: Most technical glitches (eg no sound, can’t see a session etc) are fixed when closing down the app or web browser window and re-opening again. And/or, if accessing via desktop, by ensuring you use the chrome browser. If you’re still having difficulties please contact us on email@example.com A third common problem is not having cookies enabled on your browser – please ensure cookies are enabled. Some academic institutions in particular have strict firewalls in place, which restrict or prohibit access to event platforms like Whova. If this is the case, you may wish to use a tablet or mobile to access the Summit – we recommend you attempt to log-in before Thursday 3rd December, so that you can check whether everything works OK and seek support if you are having any difficulties.