Panel Debate & Open Floor Questions: What is the “End Game” – Are we nearly there?
Time: 17:10 - 17:30
Date: Friday 9th December, 2022
- Each Country has taken different approaches to fix the same problem – why is this?
- Why is harm reduction a recognised tool for many societal issues, but so controversial in tobacco control?
- We recognize and protect public health policy discussions from conflicts of interest with tobacco industry but is there a conflict of interest with extreme philanthropic funding? – should these be declared?
- Novel nicotine products come in many different forms and exist under different legislation in different countries. Is there a case for liberalizing the nicotine market?
- Prof Geoffrey T. Fong, OC, Ph.D., FRSC, FCAHS Founder and Chief Principal Investigator of the International Tobacco Control Policy Evaluation Project - Professor of Psychology and Public Health and Health Systems, University of Waterloo
- Mitch Zeller, J.D Director (Retired) Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) - The Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Dr Karl E. Lund Senior Researcher - Norwegian Institute of Public Health
- Associate Prof Sivakumar Thurairajasingam Associate Professor in Psychiatry - Head of the Clinical School Johor Bahru, Monash University Malaysia