Panel Discussion and Q&A: What next for vaping in the UK?
Time: 12:40 - 13:00
Date: Thursday 16th November 2023
- Is youth vaping a communication, regulation, or enforcement challenge – or all of these?
- Would prohibition make enforcement easier?
- What are the influencing factors that impact risk perception
- There are regulatory approaches on the table to address youth vaping: What are the critical considerations before deciding between them?
- How could retail compliance be improved and are there any existing regulatory models that could be used to tackle youth access?
- Prof Ann McNeill Professor of Tobacco Addiction - Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King's College London
- Dr Harry Tattan-Birch Research Fellow - University College London (UCL)
- Eve Taylor MSc PHD Student and Research Assistant - Nicotine Research Group - King's College London (KCL)
- Sarah Jackson Principal Research Fellow Behavioural Science and Health - University College London (UCL)
- Assoc Prof Abigail S. Friedman Department of Health Policy & Management - Yale School of Public Health
- Prof Lion Shahab Professor of Health Psychology, University College London - Co-Director of the UCL Tobacco and Alcohol Research Group
- Craig Copland Head of E-Cigarettes, Healthcare, Quality and Access Group - MHRA - The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency