Panel Discussion and Open Floor Q&A: Vaping, nicotine and health effects – what do we know and need to find out?
Time: 10:30 - 10:50
Date: Friday 9th December, 2022
- Given the known harms of smoking, how do we communicate uncertainty?
- What health harms are we anticipating in the future from long term use of e-cigarettes?
- If we remove flavours from e-cigarettes, would there be a net public health gain?
- Is there a toxicological basis for excluding flavours?
- What are the health effects of nicotine use – harms and/or benefits?
- Dr Debbie Robson RMN, PhD Senior Lecturer in Tobacco Harm Reduction - National Addiction Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London
- Prof Maciej L. Goniewicz Professor of Oncology, Department of Health Behavior, Division of Cancer Prevention and Population Studies - Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Prof Alan Boobis, OBE Emeritus Professor of Toxicology & Chair - UK Committee on Toxicity - Imperial College London
- Dr Jamie Hartmann-Boyce Associate Professor and Editor Cochrane Tobacco Addiction Group - Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford