Panel Discussion and Open Floor Q&A: Public health, tobacco control and industry regulation – what next?
Time: 15:05 - 15:25
Date: Friday 9th December, 2022
- Which problems are we primarily trying to solve – smoking or nicotine dependence?
- Has risk communication been appropriate to the scale of the problem?
- What are the greatest barriers to improving the quality of the harm reduction debate
- What role would/could a medicinal product have in reducing smoking and changing the harm reduction debate?
- What next for e-cigarettes – are disposables the last evolution and what role does regulation play?
- Has restricting nicotine levels in e-cigarettes been beneficial?
- Rosanna O’Connor Director, Addictions & Inclusion - Office for Health Improvement & Disparities, Department of Health and Social Care
- Prof Martin Jarvis Emeritus Professor of Health Psychology, Department of Behavioural Science & Health - University College London
- David Graham Chief Impact Officer - NJOY
- Liam Humberstone Technical Director at Totally Wicked - IBVTA
- Stefaan Hendrickx Senior Staff Member Tobacco - Flemish Institute for Healthy Living
- Dr Garrett McGovern GP and Medical Director - Priority Medical Clinic